About Us
   HOPF The House of Praise began as a burden in the heart of Pastor John. In 1970 while living in La Verne Pastor John received a vision from the Lord showing him that one day he would pastor a church in the local area. After working for 9 1/2 years with three local congregations Pastor John sensed the Lord's leading and with 10 faithful souls began The House of Praise Ministry. It started with Bible studies and prayer meetings at The Church of The Brethren Fellowship Hall in La Verne. Soon thereafter, Sunday morning worship services at Roynon Elementary School. In the 2 1/2 years that followed God blessed and increased our congregation to 225 souls and it was evident that The House of Praise would continue to grow. Consequently in 1981 with the help of God we moved to our present location by purchasing The Methodist Episcopalian Church of La Verne (a city icon built in 1910). We settled in by mid 1981 and have since doubled in adherents and regular worshipers. To God be the glory! 

     The House of Praise Ministry is nothing short of a miracle. With the main goal of salvation and nurturing of lost souls, it has experienced a well balanced rate of growth and with increasing visibility is on it's way to becoming one of Pomona Valley's great churches. As we wait for Christ's return we can only project more of the same great things to happen. As our fellowship grows we'll continue to work and pray in order to realize a sovereign move of the Holy Ghost in this valley.